BCTV's Open Studio
BCTV's "Open Studio" is a 30-minute moderated interview program in a roundtable format available to nonprofit organizations who join BCTV as a member and select Studio Use either by Single Use Fee or as part of a Producing Member Package. Open Studio is recorded at BCTV's studio in the Brattleboro Municipal Center.
Click here to watch past episodes of Open Studio.
The purpose of Open Studio is to give nonprofit organizations the opportunity to promote events or campaigns, and to raise awareness about the organization's mission. While representatives of for-profit businesses are welcome as panel participants, commercial messages are prohibited on BCTV.
The finished program will be broadcast on BCTV approximately 8-10 times over a two-week period.
To schedule an Open Studio interview, email email@example.com.
- Contact BCTV at least a month in advance of the week you’d like to schedule the shoot, or 6 weeks prior to when you’d like it to be aired on BCTV.
- You may provide your own host, or BCTV will arrange one for you.
- The roundtable format can accommodate a maximum of four partcipants (including the moderator).
- Email the participant’s names, titles (and proper spelling) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, let us know if there are any graphic or video elements, or items for display that you want to use in the program. These include photographs, charts, graphs, or other handheld or displayed items as well as clips or pre-recorded video segments.
- Tell on-camera participants to avoid wearing stripes or other intricate patterns.
On the day of the Open Studio shoot:
- Please have all of the participants arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled shoot time.
- The shoots generally take an hour.
- If there is a second Open Studio scheduled, there will be a 15 minute break between shoots.